In honor of my 37th birthday, here are 37 Things I've Never Done.
37 Things I've Never Done
(In no particular order...)
1. Traveled any where outside the U.S. or Mexico.
2. Ventured out on my own or travel on my own.
3. Driven a stick shift. (Technically, my dad taught me when I was 7 or 8 years old, but I never drove another stick shift after that, so I forgot how.)
4. Jumped out of an airplane. (Add this to that very short list of things I'll never do.)
5. Had a pedicure. (Probably never will. I'm not comfortable with strangers touching my feet.)
6. Gotten a tattoo. (I want a pegasus, in honor of my mom.)
7. Made love in an elevator. (You can blame Aerosmith and Grey's Anatomy on this one.)
8. Owned a new car. (Or my own car, for that matter.)
9. Gone skinny dipping. (At least not as an adult.)
10. Worn an evening gown. (I've always dreamed of getting dressed up in a fancy gown.)
11. Met my first childhood crush: Donny Osmond! (♥)
12. Met my teenage crush: Tommy Lee (♥♥♥)
13. Done Yoga or Pilates.
14. Been to Miami! (My childhood best friend moved to Miami when we were kids. I've always wanted to go visit him.)
15. Stepped foot inside a Starbuck's. (Remeber, I've lived in Small Town, Mexico for the past 11 years.)
16. Had a Quinceañera or Sweet Sixteen party.
Gotten drunk.(Unless you count that one New Year's Eve where I drank too much sparkling apple cider, but it shouldn't count because it was sparkling apple cider.)
18. Been on a cruise.
19. Lived on my own.
20. Won anything. (Prize, Raffle, Car, Lottery, Grammy, Oscar, Nobel Peace Prize....)
Cared much for exercise .(Things change! I won't say that I LOVE to work-out, but I do enjoy it. A lot!)
22. Been to a bar or club as an adult who can drink.
23. Bought a house.
24. Had a limpia (Mexican spiritual cleansing). (Not that I really want or need one, but I think I might know someone who can hook me up.)
|Ashley giving my suegro (father-in-law) a limpia.|
Written a book.
26. Done drugs. (Don't plan on doing them ever.)
27. Thrown a big party while my mom/grandparents were out of town.
Fired a gun.(A BB gun at summer camp doesn't count.)
29. Been to a blogger conference.
30. Gone to Vegas as an adult, so I could do something that should stay in Vegas.
31. Had someone throw me a surprise party.
32. Kicked anyone out of bed for eating crackers. (Oh, wait! Do the kiddies count? LOL)
33. Seen any of The Godfather movies.
34. Been a bridesmaid.
36. Been to New York City.
37. Joined the Mile-High Club. (Wink, wink!)
Okay, I showed you mine, now it's time for you to show me yours! What are some things you've always wanted to do, but never have.
Linking up with Mama Kat for her Pretty Much World-Famous Writer's Workshop.
Marc, there are certain things on the list that I do want to get around to doing one of these days, others not so much. And as soon as I do any of them, I will share my experience on the blog! :)ReplyDelete
Is there anything you haven't done???
Hmmm - I have to agree with the pedicure one. I don't want anyone touching my feet - not to mention, I hate feet. Nor have I gone skinny dipping. But the Pumpkin Spice Latte - that's just shamefull. LOLReplyDelete
Well, one thing I did was to start combining your list into various Trifectas. What I didn't do was to publish them here. After all, I do have a reputation.ReplyDelete
Dye my hair pinkReplyDelete
See the Pyramids, any of them
Ride a motrocycle
Get another Tattoo
See Niagra Falls
Go to England
Drag Race at least once
Buy a 95 supersport Impala
Buy and rebuild a 63 Impala
Girl I agree with Nicole. You need to hop on that Pumpkin Spice Latte pony. For you, because there are no starbucks' in your area, I am going to dedicate a blog post to you and MAKE pumpkin spice syrup so you can enjoy bliss. Love this post!!!ReplyDelete
Great list! I'm going to have to do something thinking on one of my own.ReplyDelete
P.S. Pumpkin Spice lattes are WAY overrated! ;)
I don't have a single tattoo and never will. I don't hate them or anything but it isn't for me.ReplyDelete
I have never been parasailing but would like to try.
I have never bungee jumped and don't plan to... ever.
Agree with Marc! Maybe it's time to try a few of these out? I would make #5 the first thing you do. Then save the world!! :)ReplyDelete
I have never fainted or had a Quince. A couple of other things but those just stood out.
Okay, you should definitely take care of a few of those - at least the stuff to see/do in Mexico, you need to go and blog about it so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!ReplyDelete
Great post, very fun. I did two of them at the same time. I got a tattoo, but I fainted right before I did it. LOLReplyDelete
i have never been south of Guadalajara either. As far as Mexico is concerned. I don't have any tatoos. The Godfather movies are overrated, don't bother. Starbucks is overpriced, and Central American coffee is better anyway. Or just as good. Starbucks is rather good. I have never made love in an elevator, either. But I don't want to to do that anyway. Hmmmm.....ReplyDelete
I love this list - I haven't done many of things on your list too. But some things I've never done that's not on your list isReplyDelete
1. Eaten at a really nice restaurant alone.
2. Attended a black tie event
3. Had a facial
Amiga, te gustan los chavos con mucho cabellos! So is this your bucket list, now?ReplyDelete
Let's see ... never:
Had my nose pierced (I want badly)
Got a tattoo
Ate a snail
Wanted shepherd's pie
Jumped into the deep end of a pool
Wore anything yellow
Leslie, what are some of the things that you'll never attempt to do? I'm most surprised by #5 :)ReplyDelete
what an interesting list!! wow, puts a lot of things into perspective.ReplyDelete
a few things I've not done yet, but hope to:
go to Africa (Ghana, S. Africa, Kenya, a few other countries)
dive in the great barrier reef
jump out of a plane though my entire fam did last year in HI while I stayed in and slept
no tattoos, now or never
ride a motorcycle on my own
And, I'm with Paty: Pumpkin Spice Latte's are way, way overrated. At least the soy chai latte is decent.
i was freaked out by pedicures too, but now i'm hooked! There's nothing like soft, pretty feet! In fact i got one today in preparation for baby and no time for myself for awhile!ReplyDelete
Hi!!! Great list... I've never been to Mexico... I should have out that on my list :-)ReplyDelete
Girl In Shoes
I HATE people touching my feet...strangers or not. But after a few drinks of wine I enjoy a good pedi.ReplyDelete
Interesting list!! I agree, it would be fun to see you blog about whittling some of these down. :)ReplyDelete
Pedicures are awesome. I get one every two weeks.ReplyDelete
Yoga is amazing and I love my three tattoos, but I understand they aren't for everyone.
But the bridesmaids thing? You are very lucky on that.
Si, amiga! I've always had a weakness for guys with long hair! :PReplyDelete
Love your list, Ezzy! I never would have thought you would want your nose pierced. But I think it's cool! :)
Sapo Verde!!! :)
I'm not prone to fainting, but I'd probably faint just before getting a tattoo too! :PReplyDelete
Some of the things on my list that I'll never attempt to do is jump out of an airplane, fire a weapon, get drunk and get a tattoo! Unless I go to Vegas! LOL :)ReplyDelete
Never worn an evening gown?! Go get one. And wear it while you cook dinner! As long as you don't don the spanx, it will feel lovely! And, I have to admit that one of the happiest parts about having all sons is I don't have to plan one single Quinceañera. The esposo is quite thrilled about it too!ReplyDelete
No Godfather movies, oh boy you don't know what you're missing!ReplyDelete
I haven't done a lot of those stuff either, especially never getting drunk! I had to laugh at your hubs using the Desi line. Don't worry about not going into a Starbucks, you're not missing out on anything besides free wifi.ReplyDelete
love your list! I too have not watched the godfather movies... but I met francis coppola.ReplyDelete
Wow, from looking at your list I realize Ive done quite a few things for my 30 years! :D What I havent done is jumped from a plane witha parachute, or gone paraglading in Lima. That may change soon as I now live 3 blocks away from the cliffs in Lima where the paragladers take off.ReplyDelete
Loved your list. I have to admit there are a few on there I have done!ReplyDelete
Leslie, I don't know whether this makes me a good influence or a bad influence, but I've done a lot of things on your list! :)ReplyDelete
Glad your list went longer than most of the others, you're a funny girl! I like! Now you need to go on an adventure and cross most of those out. :)ReplyDelete
Si, pero se que no me iria muy bien en el trabajo si tuviera uno. I just want a tiny little spec of a stud, nothing like a bull's ring. : ) We really missed you this weekend, amiga. Next year!ReplyDelete