(in no particular order)
1. Take down and put away Christmas decorations here at home and at my suegro's house. Okay, this was at the top of my list and it's the first of my January goals that I've already accomplished. Yay for me!
2. Get back to my "normal" routine/schedule. December was a month full of celebrations, visiting in-laws, and family gatherings. Now that the holidays are over and the kiddies returned to school today, it is time to get back to our regularly scheduled routines. I don't know about you, but I function so much better when I have a set routine/schedule to follow. Mind you, my routines aren't set in stone and my schedule isn't very strict. But I do have certain time frames that I need to follow to get everything done. I've made a few tweaks to my routine/schedule this month because Hope is still on winter break for a few more weeks, and because I'm making a conscious effort to schedule time to accomplish some of my New Year's Resolutions (like blogging more regularly) and also some down time to just relax, watch a movie, play a board game with Hubby and the kiddies, or read a book.
3. Try out my new cleaning schedule. Along with the few adjustments I made to my daily routine, I've also made some changes to my cleaning schedule at home. For years I followed the FlyLady method of dividing my home into zones, tackling one zone per week. But that method just isn't working for me anymore. So this month I'm going to try something a little different. Instead of tackling one zone per week, I'm going to spend an hour every afternoon tackling one zone (room) per day, aside from my regular morning cleaning schedule. I just started this week and I'm already seeing a difference. We'll see how things go as the month progresses.
4. Find an easy and fail-proof way to back up my photos from 2014. I need to find a fail-proof method of backing up my photos. I can't tell you how many times I've lost tons of photos because my "back-up plan" failed. For instance last year I backed up 4 years of food photos from my food blog and from work to one of those flash drives. As long as it was in my possession, everything was fine and dandy. But the moment I lent that flash drive to one of the kiddies who desperately needed to borrow my flash drive to save an important homework assignment to take to school the next day because he lost his flash drive... Yeah, I never saw that flash drive again. I haven't completely recovered from losing so many pics, especially the ones I hadn't gotten around to sharing. Anyway, this year I don't want to lose any of my pics so I need to find a way to store my pics, besides just storing them on my laptop, that won't get lost like flash drives and disc thingamajigs. Do I dare store them in "the cloud"? I'm open to suggestions.
5. Plan Jack's birthday party. Jack (my youngest) will be turning 10 at the end of the month. Usually we just have a small party with all of Hubby's siblings and their families to celebrate Jack's and my suegro's (father-in-law) birthdays. (They share the same birthday.) But this year Jack wants a big soccer themed birthday party at la presa (the reservoir). I've never planned or thrown a really big birthday party, so I'm a little nervous. (Make that a lot nervous.) But with the help of Hubby and my sis-in-law who lives here in town, I hope it turns out to be one of the happiest birthdays Jack's ever had.
Do you have any goals you want to accomplish this month?