10 Awesome Facts About Me!
1. To start things off, and at the risk of breaking a few hearts, I must tell you that I am a happily married woman. Hubby & I have been married for 21 years. My Hubby (whose real name is Alfonso) is a wonderful husband, an amazing dad to our 4 kiddies, and my best friend. I love him more than anything, even though most days he drives me absolutely crazy. But he really is the man of my dreams. One of these days, I'll get around to finishing the story of how we met.
2. I am a very proud mamá! My four kiddies are the smartest, sweetest and most gorgeous kiddies EVER! So you will definitely be reading a lot about them. Hope's 18, Nick's 16, Ashley's 13, and Jack is 11.
3. I'm a domestic goddess that can do it all. I just choose not to! I'm a card carrying member of H.A.H! (Housewives Against Housework) who really dislikes any and all household chores. I only do them every day, because no one else will.
4. I'm 41 years old and to be honest I don't have any feelings (good or bad) about growing older. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. My only real problem with growing older is the losing battle I fight against all the gray hair that insists on making me look older than I actually feel.
5. I'm a full-time caregiver (like 24/7), but also work part-time as a freelance recipe developer and English/Spanish translator. I used to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) both in a classroom setting and as a private tutor.
6. As I stated in #5, I speak (and write) Spanish fluently. I learned to speak Spanish when I was five and it's really come in handy. (You'll find out how in just a sec....) And sometimes I even like to post in español for #SpanishFriday.
7. Fifteen years ago, Hubby and I made the decision to leave the only life I'd ever known in a sleepy little college town in southern California, to see what life would be like living in the small town where my husband grew up. I guess I should mention that the small town in question just happens to be smack-dab in the middle of Mexico. Life here has been quite an adventure, and it makes for excellent blog fodder.
8. I love God, holidays, cows, all things leopard print, reading, makeup, nail polish, red wine, routines, I Love Lucy, Grey's Anatomy, 80's hair metal, picnics, afternoon naps, curling up on the couch to watch a movie or read a book, a good joke (naughty or nice), coffee, Diet Coke (or Coca-Cola Light as it's called in Mexico), photography, country music, planning, journaling, organizing, hanging out at el rancho, camping, my dogs Lucy and Colby, and our new pet hamster Harry Theodore.
9. I don't like cold weather, migraines, asthma, banda music, mean or negative people, shoes, shopping for shoes, movies that don't have a happy ending, movies about the devil, exercise, anyone touching my feet, the fact that I can't watch a movie without crying, rats, bugs, snakes, and any other kind of creepy crawlers.
10. And last but not least, I love to cook! But you'll rarely ever read about that here. For more about my mad culinary skillz, head on over to my food blog, La Cocina de Leslie.
If you made it this far through the list, I hope it means you'll stick around for more, so we can get to know each other better. Mi casa es su casa! I love it when you leave comments on the blog, but you can also reach out to me via Facebook and Twitter. And be sure to sign up to receive my new blog posts via email. (See sidebar.)
Speaking of getting to know eachother better, here are a couple of must-read posts:
And just for fun, you might also want to read:
- 37 Things I've Never Done
- What I Want on My Altar de Muertos
- The Little Boy Who Never Wanted to Go to School
- A Princess by Any Other Name