At the beginning of every week, I make a list of things I have to do (doctor appointments, parent-teacher conferences, etc), things I want to do (dye my hair, breakfast date w/ Hubby), and goals I have for the week (drink 2 liters of water each day). It doesn't always have to be big things. I find it's the little things that make me happiest. Since I've done a horrible job of keeping up with this blog, I thought I'd share some of the things I'm looking forward to this week.
|Tug-of-war (2012 Camping Trip)|
- It's Holy Week in Mexico, so that means it's time for our annual camping trip! It's all I've been able to think about. I love camping! I know I've mentioned that I used to go camping in the mountains with my grandparents every weekend. I used to have such a great time when I was a kid. It makes me so happy that I still get to enjoy camping after all these years, and that the kiddies get to experience some of the same fun.
- I want to redecorate my "office space" in our master bedroom. Right now it looks just awful. So dull and boring with both my desktop computer and my Chromebook stacked on my tiny, hideous mini-desk. Not a very pleasant environment to work in at all. I want something that is pretty to look at, but I also want something that inspires me, all at the same time. And I really want to move the desktop computer out of my room, so the kiddies don't stink up the room now that the weather is heating up. (Trust me on this one. My room is small and only has one window!) But first I have to figure out how to install another phone jack so I can move the modem/router/whatchamacallit-thingie along with the desktop. Until then, I'm perusing Pinterest for decorating ideas.
- I'm really looking forward to finally getting rid of whatever virus has been floating around our house all month. Jack started with it, but it only lasted a day. Then Hubby got it for about a week. Just as Hubby was getting better, Jack got it again. This time it decided to hang with Jack for about a week. Then Nick got it for like 3 days. Then we had a small 3-day window where nobody was sick. I thought that was the end. But no! Nick and Ashley both got sick last week with very high fevers that would not go down, so they ended up missing 3 days of a 4-day school week. Hope wanted to get sick so she could have a couple extra days off from school, but no matter how much time she spent with her little sister, she did not get sick. But guess who did get sick? Me! It started with an earache. Then a sore throat. Then it escalated into a bronchial & ear infection, that felt a lot like walking pneumonia. My lungs were killing me! But thanks to some awesome meds this last weekend, I'm all better. Sore, but no longer sick. I should be fine by the time we go camping. And I hope it's the last we see of that darned bug!
- I need to dye my hair! My roots are showing and they're completely gray! If I had a peso for every person that's said, "OMG, Leslie! Look at how many canas you have!" Well, I'd have a whole lot of pesos! Hopefully, I'll be able to dye my hair BEFORE we go camping this week. Otherwise, whenever we look back at the photos of this year's camping trip we're all going to wonder, "Who's that viejita (old lady) that went camping with us?"
- Blogging/Writing: At the beginning of the year, I set aside 2 hours each morning (from 10 to 12) to dedicate to writing and blogging. It was perfect because Hubby was busy working in the shop, while the kiddies were all at school, so I was guaranteed no distractions. I loved it! I felt so happy and full of creative energy. But then I started encroaching on my own writing time to do other things around the house. And before I knew it, a couple of months had passed since I last sat down to write anything! I really miss my writing time. I may not be the greatest writer, and not everything I write gets published here on the blog, but when I write I feel this creative rush, and I feel like I've accomplished something. As soon as we get back from camping, I'm taking back my writing time!
- Easter! Because we're usually camping on Easter Sunday, we haven't celebrated a gringo-style Easter in like 4 years. (Gasp!) Well, this year it looks like we'll be home on Easter Sunday, so I'm trying to gather up supplies so we can celebrate Easter. I don't think I'll be able to make Easter baskets, but I do want to dye Easter eggs, and have an Easter egg hunt. And if I'm not too tired and sore from sleeping on the hard, dirt floor all week, I'll make us a nice Easter dinner.
- Did I mention that we're going camping? It's all I can think about! I've got dozens of lists all over the house, on my computer, and on my iPod: Games & activities, groceries, menus, kitchen & baking stuff, bedding, clothes, batteries & flashlights, last minute items, things I can't forget, things I probably will forget, stuff we'll never need or use but I'm taking anyway just in case....
- Coffee! I love coffee! I drink a cup (or two) of coffee every morning. But the cup of coffee I enjoy most is the one I drink while watching the sunrise at the ranch! I can't wait to wake up and see the pot of water boiling away on an open fire.
Enough about me! What are you looking forward to this week?