Anyway...being the "glass half full" kind of gal that I am, I'm trying to focus my attention on the positive and the things that make me happy. I thought I'd share a few of them with you and hopefully take my mind off the huge pink elephant in the room.
Things that make me happy...I could add a few more things to this list, but there's no need. Just thinking about these six things has already helped turn my frown upside-down. And that was the whole point.
1. Glee (The TV Show): I love Glee! What's not to love about this amazing TV show? The writing. The actors. The music. It's all good. We're only a couple of episodes behind the U.S., but I don't mind. It's actually on in a few minutes and I just know that it is going to help lift my spirits.
2. Glee Music: I love, love, LOVE just about every single one of the songs this talented cast has covered. I could listen to Glee music all day, every day. I usually do. Just listening to it now on YouTube made me smile.
3. Farmville: Yes, I'm crazy about that ever so popular farming game on Facebook. Thirty minutes a day not only has a zen garden effect on me, it also makes me happy to know that I at least have a green thumb in the virtual world. Now if only gardening were that easy for me in the real world.
4. Twitter: I'm the first to admit that I don't completely understand the inner workings of Twitter. But last night, I participated in my very first Twitter party with my friends from SITS. I had so much fun! I learned a few things about Twitter, discovered new blogs and made some new friends.
5. Page views: My recipe blog usually gets 700 to 800 hits a day. That in itself is just mind boggling to me that so many people visit my blog each day. But this week, my page views have jumped to 1,000 to 1,200 a day, which leaves me speechless and very, very happy.
6. Spring! It is time to put the sweaters, jackets and blankets back in storage, because Spring has arrived in Mexico! I for one could not be happier. The sunny skies. The warm weather. It's the perfect kind of weather for this California girl.
So...what makes you happy?