We are halfway through 2010.
Where did the time go?
It seems like only yesterday that we were ringing in the New Year and thinking of our New Year's Resolutions.
Resolutions??? If you're anything like me, you've probably forgotten all about them. But then I remembered that I posted them here on my blog, in hopes that I would see them through. I'm still not sure if that was one of my smartest moves!
So let's do just that, let's see how well I'm doing with my resolutions.
- Exercise: Part of me wants to laugh out loud. Exercise and I have never been the best of friends. So it was no surprise to me that I didn't get started immediately on this one. But the good news is that a few months later, I began walking 60 - 80 minutes a day. It may not seem like much, but it's contributed to my losing a little over 20 pounds in the last 3 months. So...not bad!
- Sew: I do plenty of sewing everyday, only it's in Hubby's shop. My pile of fabric keeps growing and growing. Sadly, the only thing I've made this year was Jack's cat costume. I need to get to work on this one.
- Write: I never realized how much I enjoy writing until I started this blog. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't come up with at least 2 or 3 things to write about. But life has been terribly busy and by the time I have time to write, I'm too tired. Then I later kick myself for not writing. I'm tempted to follow in my friend Theresa's footsteps and challenge myself to write everyday for a month. What do you think?
- Keep in touch: Tsk, tsk, tsk! I'm still not doing so great at answering email as soon as I get them, but I do try to do so before the week is over. But I could definitely do better.
- Back up photos: This is one I can check off of my list. I have last year's pics nicely saved on 2 separate discs. (You know, just in case I lose one!) This year's pics aren't backed up yet, but I'm doing a great job of keeping them organized.
- Garden: Sigh! If you only knew how much I want a garden. I admire the pics my friends post on their blogs and on Facebook and wish that I had one. I've got seeds. Pots. And the desire to have a spectacular garden. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the lack of dirt. But I think the gardening gods are on my side, because the "dirt guy" drove through the neighborhood yesterday, taking orders and will be delivering a bag sometime next week. Keep your fingers crossed!
- Read: Thanks to Amazon's Kindle for PC app, I am still reading a book a month. Sometimes even two. My only complaint is that I have to be sitting in an upright position, which can get a little uncomfortable. But I've solved that problem. I just ordered my very own Kindle. I just hope it gets to my sister-in-law's house before she leaves, so she can bring it with her when she comes to visit later this month. (Please pray that it does!)
- Be a better person: This is something I strive for on a daily basis.
So before I push "Publish", I just want to say thank you to all of you who read and comment on this blog. You have all made my life that much more special.
God bless and take care.